Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Quote of the day: "If you're still, and if you don't hope too much, peace will come to you. It's a grace. But you have to choose happiness."- Dean Koontz (Forever Odd)

I just read this quote today at the beach, but these words (or words similar) have been popping up all around me for the past couple of months. Since coming to Florida, I have really been opened up to seeing the world in a new light. Taking better care of myself through working out and eating healthily lead me to wanting to better myself spiritually. Going to church every day to become closer to God lead me to wanting to open my mind and heart to others. And finally, opening my mind and heart to others has lead me back around to bettering myself by choosing to serve others. Weird huh? And lately I've been thinking that I really do have so much to be thankful for. So, this means that my life must have just hit a positive turn, that's all. Or is it more than that? Maybe it's because over the last couple of months, I have made a deliberate choice to be happy. I have chosen to listen to God's plan for me instead of asking and begging for things to work in my favor. Amazingly, by choosing to be happy, I have become a happier person. Anyway, I feel like it would be selfish of me to hold all of this happiness and joy inside, so here I am sharing it with you! When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: "Today is going to be AMAZING!" Then take a couple of minutes to remind yourself about all of the things that you have to be thankful for. You'd be surprised at how much better your life will be. Seriously.

On a different note, I cooked Chipotle Salmon Tacos last night, and they were GREAT! I got the recipe from the BH&G cookbook, in the back with the eat healthy breast cancer extra stuff that came in my cookbook. I was going to give a link, but the website wants to pretend that it doesn't know what I'm talking about. So, if you would like the recipe, let me know! It's one of Beej's favorites so far!

I decided to kick my workout up a notch today and used the weighted gloves. HOLY COW! My workout went from pretty kick ass to REALLY KICK ASS! TurboJammers (ahem: Mom) should try it if they are getting kind of bored with Cardio Party! You will go to a whole new level!

That's all for now, have a wonderful, super duper day!
Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment